Home again

Wednesday, July 29, 2009


Nice to be home again, but still carrying so many memories of Hawaii... not to mention our bodies have still been attempting to carry on in Hawaii time. Just about to get that worked out, now if the GI tracts and energy levels will just come back on board. Of course the Genius has just slept her way through the week, surfacing only enough to complete a few homework assignments and catch up on TV... she's completely recovered. After 3 days at home, she and I did a quick trip to St. Augustine because Gram and Pop were down. We had unfinished business with a canasta game... The Genius and I whipped some South Carolina booty!!! We finally broke our months long losing streak, proving we're not really as incompetent as we may seem... or we really got lucky, but we're taking it.
After all of the great views in Hawaii, got home and noticed the view outside my own kitchen window. Another nice sunset, funny how you don't really "see" whats in front of you every day.




Other sounds and sights of the week:

-- The sound of a dragging chain behind a truck. The clinking is the same noise I would hear swimming in Kailua Bay as I went past a buoy that was suspended by a chain to it's anchor on the ocean floor.

-- Ding, Ding, Ding. The rental car, everytime I'd get in and not IMMEDIATELY fasten my seat belt. My car gives me a little time to respond, which is needed because I'm a bag lady and always have at least a gym bag (with one set of clothes for everything, and at least 1 extra pair of shoes), a food bag (if I'm ever lost in snow drifts in my car, don't worry I have food and jackets), a purse (don't every carry any cash in spite of all my Dad's efforts to teach me, but I have a credit card and I ain't scared to use it) and either a vat of coffee or a water bottle. So how am I supposed to get in and get the seat belt on in less than 60 seconds.
-- I love the smells on a morning run. My favorite is my run to downtown St. Augustine. The bacon at Cafe 11, the reptiles at the Alligator Farm, the old beer smells as you pass the bars at the bridge.... then there is the cinnamon from The Bunnery.

-- Hawaii native radio.... Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, native!! OK it sounds better with music, but thats alright too, because we brought CD's of native music back with us.
-- Run dog (Jessie) was waiting on us when we got home. Always a little nervous leaving home now that she is well past "dead" in dog years... but she was there looking like she was ready to run. More on her later.... she deserves her own story.
Lots to be thankful for. Heading up to NC this weekend forfor an Olympic race. Beautiful venue, will take lots of pictures and hope our race MOJO shows up. It's been tuff to get back up to speed after such a great vacation. But we'll have a good time, and we get to visit with family on the way up and on the way back.... what could be better??


Aloha,

The Three Coconuts

Posted by The Three Coconuts at 10:03 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment